1. Teaching the following undergraduate courses at the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry , University of Khartoum:-
1. Disorders and diseases of salivary glands
2. Cancer of the oral cavity and its management
3. Cancer of the maxillary sinus
4. Differential diagnosis and management of neck masses
4. Surgical management of the medically compromised patient
5. The pathology of malignant and pre-malignant oral lesions
5. Developmental disturbances and disorders of dentition
6. Vascular anomalies of the head and neck
2. Teaching the following post graduate courses for MSc and FSMSB students:
1. Surgical anatomy of salivary glands
Diseases of the salivary glands and their management
2. Oral & maxillofacial cancer and its management
3. The surgical correction of dentofacial deformities
4. Disorders of the tempromandibular joint
3. Teaching the following undergraduate courses to other Sudanese Universities.
The Dental School, the Academy of technology and Science:-
Disease and disorders of salivary glands
Oral cancer and its management
The Dental School, National Ribat University
Surgical anatomy of the tempromandibular joint
Surgical anatomy of salivary glands
Surgical anatomy of maxillofacial trauma
Surgical anatomy of cleft lip and palate
Pathology of salivary gland diseases.
4. External Examiner to the College of Technology, Omdurman.
5. External Examiner to the University of Sciences and Technology, Yemen.
6. External Examiner to the Dental school (anatomy and Physiology), the College of Medical Sciences and Technology, Khartoum, Sudan
7. Examiner to the Anatomy Department, Faculty of Medicine, University of Khartoum, Sudan
8. Examiner in the Part 1 Examination of the clinical Doctorate of Dentistry.
9. Examiner to the Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, the Sudan Medical Specialization Board.
10 External Examiners to the Dental Faculty, University of Sanaa, the Republic of Yemen
Dental Officer: Khartoum Teaching Dental Hospital Khartoum, Sudan
Rotated between four major departments (oral surgery, prothodontics, and restorative and outpatient departments).
Gained good experience particularly in oral surgery
Dental Officer: Kassala Hospital Kassala, Sudan
Performed all types of minor oral surgery, including dentoalveolar and simple mandibular fractures, cysts, periodental diseases, impacted or buried teeth, and management of orofacial infections.
Sept 1980-May 1987
Teaching Assistant: Department of Biomedical & Dental Sciences, King Saud University, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Demonstrator in Oral Surgery Division .Being the only demonstrator in the division I was acting as a registrar to 3 consultants running their referral clinics and assisting them in minor and major surgeries .In addition to that I had clinical responsibilities as a dentist doing routine dentistry.
Senior House Officer:
Lister Hospital, Stevenage and Luton & Dunstable Hospitals
Both units in addition to routine oral surgery practice were very busy with the trauma cases from neighboring motorway accidents. In Stevenage Hospital the Department was also involved in the management of dentofacial deformities and the training included cephalometric analysis, model surgery, and orthognathic surgery.
Registrar: Department of Oral &Maxillofacial Surgery
As a Registrar, involved in routine oral surgery practice and the management of maxillofacial trauma and cancer. The Unit is famous for salivary glands surgery and cover both Ashford and Roehampton Hospitals. In Ashford Hospital, there were 2 operating days, one for minor oral surgery and the other for major maxillofacial surgery, while in Roehampton Hospital the Unit has one operating day for major surgery. The training includes examination of patients in the referral clinic, preparation for theatre, assisting in operations, and follow-up of these patients.
Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
1. Khartoum Teaching Dental Hospital: 1991- present
2. The National Centre for radiotherapy and Isotopes: 1999-2002
3. The United Police Force Hospital: 1993 -1996.
4. Almouwasat Hospital, Dammam, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: 1996-1998.
5. The University of Khartoum Centre for Medical Services: 2002-present.
6. The National Ribat University Hospital Jun. 2004- present
Have interest and good experience in Salivary gland surgery. It is worth-mentioning that I am the 1st surgeon to introduce the practice of parotid surgery in Khartoum Teaching Dental Hospital and that was in 1991. The hospital now is a referral centre for this type of operations.
Have interest and good experience in oral & maxillofacial cancer surgery. Khartoum Teaching Dental Hospital is the only referral hospital in the country. Oral cancer is one of the commonest diseases referred to this hospital, and it is the commonest type of surgery I perform. Again I had the privilege of being the 1st oral & maxillofacial surgeon to introduce the practice of neck dissection in these types of cases.
Have a good experience in the management of cleft and palate. From 1993 -1996 I have established a referral clinic for cleft lip and palate patients at the Police united Forces hospital.
Have good experience in the management of oral and maxillofacial RTA (road traffic accident) trauma
Have a good experience in the management of war –injures. Gained from a 3 month period in the South civil war and a 1 month period in Yemen during their civil war in 1992.